Today was super busy for Mike, the girls and I. We woke up, got ready grabbed yummy choc. chip bagels to go and headed down to Anderson's Home and Garden show to drop of our satelite receiver for Matt. Mike's goal was to attract clients with sports...I think it worked! Then we ran a few errands before returning home to change Emily and pack up for her first soccer game. Pre-Game viewers in their little chairs...it didn't last!
Emily throwing the ball in, she loved doing that.
Her first game was so fun. We had a blast. Emily did so well! They are called Storm and they played Galaxy. Picture 8 children who have never played a soccer game in their lives all chasing a ball around on a field. It was hilarious. But towards the middle of the game something clicked and they all seemed to catch on really well. The way this younger group works is there are 8 players on a team and they do four on four for four quarters. We thought that Em was going to get to play 2/4 quarters, however the two times she sat out she literally had time to drink some water quickly and was called back in. And for those who don't live here, it was WARM! She was hot after the game and told us she wanted to take swim lessons! I thought that was funny! . They tied the game 3 to 3. We were laughing because the game was actually really intense to see who would score the last goal, but time ran out.
After her game, we headed back down to Anderson where the girls and I hung out while Mike worked the Home and Garden show for a few hours. Then it was home to change and walk the River trail. The river trail is 5.7 miles. Mike pushed RY and Al in the double jogger while Em rode her bike. She did so good riding all that way. We were very proud of all her sportlike efforts today. I think she'll be exhausted, especially since she's on heavy allergy meds and cough meds.

Then we grabbed chilly dogs and topped it off with the best dessert ever! For those cold stone lovers out there, they have these new ice cream cupcakes. They're 6 for $9.99. They replaced the paper cup with dark chocolate cups, then a layer of yummy cake, then ice cream topped off with a light creamy frosting. They were AMAZING! You should try them if you haven't. I guess they killed all that work we did jogging, but oh well!
And Ahh, baths and bed for the girls. It's 8:00 now. I'm loving the warm but not hot weather. If only it would last!
3 comments:
What a great day! I can still remember when our days were filled with games and so many activities! They were the best! Aunt Leslie
I am tired just hearing about it! Those cupcakes look so good!
After soccer, and considering her allergies that make you feel tired, it's pretty awesome that she made it almost 6 miles on her bike!
Post a Comment