Friday, February 10, 2006

And Daddy's working at home....

As most of you read below, Mike is now self employed and that means he is working at home a lot. Yesterday a client called while Em was having "quiet time",(yeah right), in our room. As Mike was talking on the phone a little girl got on the line and was asking him if he was going to come watch a movie with her. Believing it was the clients little girl, he didn't want to offend her so he kept up a lengthy conversation with the little girl, telling her he was really busy right now and couldn't come to her house. Finally she stopped talking long enough for Mike to ask his client if that was her little girl. To his surprise, she said no. It turns out Emily had grabbed our other phone and was talking his ear off and he didn't even know it was his own daughter! He was so embarrassed. He had talked to her for a good 3 minutes. I was folding laundry on the couch at the time he figured out it was Em so I jumped up and made a bee line for my room and sure enough, there was Em, sitting on our bed happily talking to daddy and his client on the phone. I was laughing so hard I couldn't do anything but take the phone and hang it up very quickly. I think we all have to get used to a business being in our home for a while!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's our girl!

Tricia said...

THAT is hilarious!!!!!! I hope his client thought it was funny, too!! LOL

Joel and Leslie said...

How hilarious is that!!!