Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Christmas In February

Last night our women's group went on a scavenger hunt, it was a lot of fun! But as we're driving around I notice Christmas lights not only still up but on. I commented to the girls in my car that I've been seeing a lot of that lately and they agreed they had too. Well this morning blew the christmas lights on the houses out of the water when I looked over at a house that still had their tree lit up in their big front window. It was crazy! I did a double take, I couldn't believe it. It had to be fake because it was still green as could be and all lit up! No one told me we were celebrating Christmas in february here in Redding!

9 comments:

Shorty said...

Okay so this morning I was vacuuming and I found the Third Wiseman I was missing from Anna's block nativity scene, which has been missing since before Christmas. And the other funny part is we just put the Christmas boxes in the attic this morning too. Of course that was before I had vacuumed! So it really is Christmas in February! Weird!

Kristen said...

The day before yesterday we were driving by a house that we had looked at when we were buying a house and they still had their Christmas lights on. And they still had the wreath on the door!

Jenn said...

I too have seen the Tree in Windows. Where were you at or is there more than one person who hasnt figure out it is long over.

Littau family said...

It was actually right past your mom's street, on the left hand side. A house that is kind of set back from Misteltoe but on that street.

Anonymous said...

Well, any house on or near Mistletoe is bound to still have a Christmas tree or two up, even in February. Not like me, who takes it down by noon on December 26th!

Wyatt & Weston's Mommy said...

Ok, so Matt insists that we leave up our outside Christmas lights so we blend in with our weird neigborhood, he won't take them down and I won't get on a 20 foot ladder. What are you gonna do?! I totally agree with the lights being ON & a tree? What's the deal? It's probably someone trapped under a fallen bookshelf, and has been stuck there since Christmas...at least I hope that what it would take!

Joel and Leslie said...

Yeah, it's not too bad that they're up still, it's that they're ON. It says, "Hey, we don't own a calendar, and we don't care." Actually, our neighbor 3 or 4 doors down is a nightly offender of this. He proudly turns his lights on every night....oh well, takes all kinds =)
Leslie

Anonymous said...

News flash here! It is an epidemic! In Woodland and out here in Dunnigan we see trees (yes, lit up), lights, and wreaths.

Brenda said...

I think people leave their trees up late because of a loved one (maybe in the military) is not with them yet.