Last night we finally put Allyson in her new bed. To give a little background, I planned on starting her in there during naps around mid June, but I never did figure out how June could fly by that fast. So here it is, into July and I have to make myself realize, yes, there is a baby coming in 5 weeks who needs a place to sleep. So since her room is the hottest in the house and Redding hit 114 yesterday, when it was time to put her to bed it was way too hot in her room. So we decided it was time. I put her in there with her blanket she is used to and her binky and told her nigh night. She got up once, daddy came and tucked her in again and then she went to sleep, AND slept longer than she normally does. She didn't get up until after 6:30, (normally she starts yelling for us at 5:45!). I hesitated starting her at night because of early access to us in the early a.m., but I just didn't want to give up my nap time during the day to make sure she stayed in bed. But it turns out it didn't matter, she did really well. Her crib looks so sad and empty now. My mom says that won't last for long but it's still sad to see your baby hit a new big milestone! My other big worry was her climbing the ladder. Mike, (thanks a lot honey), taught her how to go up the ladder, but now down. But she didn't climb it last night.
35 Years
11 years ago

2 comments:
She's getting to be such a big girl already! You don't have to worry about watching your "baby" gain a new milestone. You'll soon (VERY soon) have tiny baby with milestones to reach, and Ally will be a big sister!
I am so glad it went well. Hopefully it will continue to go well. The most amazing thing is watching this age (18 months) comprehend so much more than we think they can and do. I too will soon be making this switch, and hope it goes just as well for me!!!
Post a Comment