Monday, July 17, 2006

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E- You betcha'!

For the past week Emily has been saying "You betcha' " to us for anything we ask her to do. For example...

Adult: "Emily, you need to put her plate in the sink"
Emily: "You Betcha' "

Adult: "Emily, You need to get dressed."
Emily: "You Betcha' "

And she does this hand motion with it. She has been saying it off and on for a long time, but the last few weeks has intinsified. And she says it with such enthusiasm. "YOU BETCHA' MOMMY" We've wondered where she got it and finally Nana figured it out one morning. It is from the mickey mouse club that the disney channel plays every day. Mickey Mouse always says, "You Betcha' " and does that hand motion. It is really cute, if not a little over done. We wouldn't mind her finding a new phrase to use once in a while. But we usually laugh anyway.

The other funny thing we figured out about her is that when we will say "kids" she will always say..."and girls". We found that "kids" means boys to her. So there are always kids and girls at the park. Not boys and girls, but kids and girls. She LOVES girls to play with so the boys don't really even get recognized, their just kids. But girls, now they are worth mentioning. I was watching her at the water park today, she never really goes up to the boys but she always makes a little girl friend. I didn't think cooties affected boys at so young an age!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And don't forget her other new favorite, whenever we tell her we're going somewhere, she says, "Oh dear!" Like it's a total bother that we're getting ready to go!

Anonymous said...

She is developing into quite the little character! I hope she does some of these cute things when we see her!

Littau family said...

Oh, I don't think "You Betcha'" is going to go anywhere anytime soon. I'm sure you'll get to hear it more than a few times.